Vornado is better known for its beautiful air circulators. But let’s not forget that its catalogue is not limited to these cooling devices. The brand also has a line of humidifiers, and in this post, we put the spotlight on the Evap40, a 4-gallon evaporative humidifier.
Should you buy one for this winter season? To help you with the answer, it pays to listen to what previous buyers have to say about their unit. For that, we give you this Vornado Evap40 4-gallon evaporative humidifier review.
Key Features of the Evap40
Here’s a quick rundown of this Vornado humidifier’s main features.
– Whole Room Humidification. As advertised, the Evap40 can humidify living spaces that measure up to 1,000 square feet. It has a water tank with extra-large capacity of up to 4 gallons.
– Evaporative Humidifier. The Evap40 is classified as an evaporative humidifier. This type has a fan that draws in warm air to naturally evaporate water.
– Vortex Action. This is unique to Vornado appliances. The Vortex Action feature circulates the humidified air across the entire room, making sure that every spot is properly moisturized.
– Weight. At 9 lbs., the Evap40 is not the lightest, but it has enough weight to keep it in place. You don’t have to worry about this machine getting tipped over.
– Control. This humidifier comes with 2 knobs that let you adjust the following functions – humidity and speed (low, medium, high).
Also Read: iTvanila Ultrasonic Humidifier HU-S1 Review
Pros and Cons of the Evap40
– Performance. Does it work as promised? Not everyone agrees, but many previous buyers said that the Vornado Evap40 does what it says it does. One person shares that this humidifier “sends a lot of moisture in the air.”
– Coverage Area. It can be reliable in humidifying large rooms. One person said she uses it in her 1,000 square-foot home during the winter to make it more bearable, and the Vornado Evap40 effectively brings the humidity level from 12% to 27%. Another person shares that this humidifier is able to keep their 2-storey house at 35%.
– Noise. Is this machine loud? The general consensus is that this humidifier is quiet.
– Usage. Overall, buyers say that the Evap40 is easy to fill. True enough, the large tank capacity can keep this appliance running 24/7. Refilling days vary. Some say they refill their tank once a day, while others say they refill it every other day.
– Limitations. This humidifier doesn’t have a display to show the current humidity level, which can be very useful. Also, several people say that you might need to replace the filters frequently. They can become moldy or “gross” easily.
Our Final Say: Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier Review
The Evap40 is not a perfect machine. Some say it’s cheaply made, but overall, the feedback is mostly positive. When it works, it delivers its promised results. It can bring the humidity level of a large room to a comfortable level, and its large water tank means refilling is done only once a day (or even every other day).