Many people suffer allergic reactions from airborne particles. Most of these pollutants are so tiny they can’t be seen by the naked eye, so when you think you cleaned every part of your house, think again.
Is the air your family breathes pure and allergen-free? If you yourself complain of stuffed or runny nose every morning, or perhaps your child has breathing problems, then you might need an air purifier.
There are plenty of brands to choose from, and one of the most popular is Blueair. Here, we’re putting the spotlight on the Blue Pure 121, an 8.25-kg. air purifier that promises to “let fresh air out” so that you can “breathe freely.”
But does it deliver good results? What are its pros and cons? Let’s find out in this Blueair Blue Pure 121 review.
Key Features of the Blue Pure 121
What are the key features of the Blue Pure 121? Here’s what to expect.
The Blue Pure 121 has a 3-stage filtration system. Each stage comes with a different filter: a fabric pre-filter, a particle filter, and a carbon filter.
The pre-filter is responsible in trapping large particles such as har and dust mites. If you have pets at home, this is where you see some pet hair/fur. The particle filter removes allergens, pollen, molds, and other irritants. The carbon filter eliminates smoke and odor-causing bacteria.
Theoretically, the Blue Pure 121 can get rid of a variety of airborne pollutants such as smoke, kitchen smells, dog odor, pet dander, VOCs, and yes, allergens.
The Blue Pure 121 is designed for “extra-large rooms” of up to 620 sq. ft. When it comes to size, this is an upgraded version of the Blue Pure 211+.
What’s in the Box?
Expect to find the following: the Blue Pure 121, a collapsible carbon filter, and two fabric pre-filters with two different colors – dark shadows and diva blue.
Other Features and Technical Specs
- Weight: 8.25 kg (18.2 lbs.)
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 13 x 28.3 inches
- Room size: 57 sq. m. (620 sq. ft.)
- CADR (smoke, dust, pollen): 400, 400, 400 CFM
- Filter replacement indicator: yes
- Speeds: 3
- Airflow rate: 340 – 750 m3/hr (200 – 440 CFM)
- Noise level: 31 – 56 dB (A)
- Average filter life: 6 months
Also read: Blue Pure 211 Air Purifier Review, Too Simple?
Consumer Feedback: Pros and Cons
In summarized form, here’s what we found about the product.
Pros of the Blue Pure 121
- On allegies. Let’s go back to the question in the title: Is the Blue Pure 121 the solution to allergies? While we wouldn’t say it’s the ultimate solution, it seems that it’s a helpful tool in preventing allergic reactions. Several buyers who are allergy sufferers have noted a significant difference before using the Blue Pure 121. With this air purifier, the “sniffing” is gone, says one person. And so is the “runny nose.” It helps in reducing dust and molds.
- Appearance. This Blueair air purifier has received praises from many buyers, noting that it looks pretty and has a well-thought out design. The bright color of the covers also brighten up the room.
- On odors and bad smells. According to general consensus, the 121 works in reducing odors and bad smells significantly. People who hate the smell of cigarette will be happy to know that the Blue Pure 121 is effective against smoke odor.
- Noise. This is relatively quiet, depending on your tolerance to noise. But some people say that at the low setting, the sound is barely noticeable. At the medium setting, noise is tolerable, but at the high setting, you may find it bothersome.
- It’s simple to use, and it’s easy to move around.
- Filters are easy to replace. An added bonus is that the pre-filter is washable.
Blue Pure 121 Limitations
- No separate on/off button.
- Some people have complained of a “smell” coming from this air purifier.
- You may find it bigger than expected.
Also read: Blueair Blue Pure 411 Review: Worth It?
Our Recommendation: Blueair Blue Pure 121 Review
Should you get one? Let’s end this Blueair Blue Pure 121 review with our recommendation.
Yes, get one. The Blue Pure 121 is effective in reducing or preventing allergic reactions to dust and other airborne particles. It’s also attractive, and it’s effective in reducing bad odors and smells, giving you just clean and purified air to breathe.