Blueair Blue Pure 411 review… Ideal for small to medium bedrooms, the Blueair 411 air purifier comes with a 3-stage filtration system that you may find a bit surprising considering that it’s compact and weighs only 3.35 lbs (or 1.52 kg).
For a small size, the Blue Pure 411 is packed with a few features that you might think are present only in bigger Blueair air purifiers.
But here’s the bigger question… does it deliver good results? What are its pros and cons? Let’s give some answers in this Blueair Blue Pure 411 review.
Key Features of the Blue Pure 411
Let’s start this review with a rundown of the Blue Pure 411’s key features.
The Blueair Blue Pure 411 has a “huge filter area,” as advertised by the brand, with the bottom part entirely dedicated to an advanced filtration system.
What does this mean?
Let’s put it simply. The airborne pollutants go through and are captured by three filters – a fabric pre-filter, a particle filter, and carbon filter. This process is done using less energy, so it should not be too costly on your electricity bill.
Theoretically, with this filtration system, the Blue Pure 411 can remove bacteria, molds, pets, pollen, viruses, smoke, and cooking odors.
360-Degree Air Intake
Thanks to its tube-like shape, the Blue Pure 411 can absorb air from all sides and angles. Blueair prefers to call this a “360-degree air intake.”
That said, you can place it almost anywhere you want and not have to worry about anything.
The Blue Pure 411 is the smallest and slimmest air purifier in the Blueair catalogue. It’s designed for small to medium rooms of up to 15 sq. m. (161 sq. ft.).
The touch button is located on top of the unit. It turns the unit on or off, and allows you to adjust the speed settings. Press it once to turn it on, and then press it twice to set the speed to medium, thrice to set the speed to high. It turns off when you press it a fourth time.
There is also a filter indicator light. It turns red after 6 months of using this air purifier.
Other Features and Technical Specs
- Weight: 3.35 lbs (or 1.52 kg)
- Product Dimensions: 425 X 200 X 200 mm (16.7 X 8 X 8 in.)
- Room size: 161 sq. ft. or 15 sq. m.
- CADR (smoke, dust, pollen): 105, 120, 120 CFM
- Sound level: 17-46 dB (A)
- Speeds: 3
- Filter replacement indicator
- No casters
Also read: Blueair Classic 203 Slim Review: Pros and Cons
Consumer Feedback: Pros and Cons
In this part of our Blueair Blue Pure 411 review, we give you the pros and cons of this air purifier. We went through a popular online retailer, and in summarized form, this is what we found out about what previous buyers have said about their unit.
Pros of the Blue Pure 411
- Noise. Let’s first mention that “noise” is subjective. Some people may find a sound to be “noisy” even though you describe it as just a “low hum.” That said, there are different feedback regarding the sound or noise that the Blueair Blue Pure 411 produces. While objectively speaking, it produces up to 46 dB at the highest setting, some people would still describe this as “loud.” For instance, one person said she uses the medium setting because the highest setting is “kind of loud.” Other previous buyers seem to agree, saying that the first two settings are “acceptable.”
- Odor reduction. It does a good job eliminating cigarette smell. It also helps remove the smell of new paint in the office.
- On allergens. One person said that the Blue Pure 411 has helped her dad get rid of his coughing and breathing problems due to the dust and dirt present in the place where they live.
- Cleaning. The unit itself is simple to clean – just wipe the dust off and you’re okay. The pre-filter also requires little maintenance. As one person has said, throw it in the wash, and it should be good to use again.
- Other Feedback. It’s easy to use. It’s lightweight.
- There are no casters. But this shouldn’t be a problem because this air purifier is light.
- While there is no button to turn off the LED lights, the unit automatically dims them to about 10% of their original brightness after 7 seconds. If you’re still not comfortable, you can easily put a tape or a cloth on the lights to make them disappear.
- Some people complain of a plastic smell. This happens when the unit is newly purchased, but it should go away after several uses.
- This unit is made in China.
Also read: Austin Air HealthMate HM400 Review: Buy or Forget It?
Our Recommendation: Blueair Blue Pure 411 Review
Let’s end this Blueair Blue Pure 411 review with this recommendation.
The Blue Pure 411 is compact and small in size, and it’s coverage area is limited to a room of up to 161 sq. ft. It does work. It delivers good results, but if you live in a home where space is not a problem, it’s better to invest in a larger Blueair air purifier such as the Blueair Classic 205 or even the Classic 203 Slim.